Prospective Validation of Prostate Biomarkers for Repeat Biopsy: The PRIORITY Study
Brief SummaryTarget enrollment is 1000 prospectively enrolled subjects with an initial negative biopsy scheduled for repeat biopsy. Subjects must have had their negative index prostate biopsy procedure within 30 months of being scheduled for their repeat biopsy. All enrolled subjects will have all core tissues from the initial negative biopsy blinded and tested with the assay. All subjects will have serum and plasma samples obtained prior to DRE, and a urine sample collected immediately following DRE but in advance of the repeat biopsy; samples will be blinded and sent to MDxHealth for evaluation.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Males, aged 40 years to 85, who underwent a previous cancer-negative prostate biopsy within 30 months of being scheduled for a repeat biopsy.
- The initial TRUS guided negative prostate biopsy must have collected a minimum of 10 tissue cores and sections from all prostate biopsy cores collected by the physician must be submitted to MDxHealth in order to allow for full comprehensive testing/evaluation of all the sections of the patient's prostate prior to the scheduled repeat biopsy.
- Minimum tissue volume criteria of 20 microns of prostate biopsy core tissue is available (40 microns preferable).
- Previous biopsy histology may include the presence of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (HGPIN), proliferative inflammatory atrophy (PIA), glandular inflammation, atypical small acinar proliferation (ASAP) or atypical cells.
- Tissue was extracted using standard TRUS guided biopsy core extraction (and not transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP).
- Pre-DRE serum sample, pre-DRE plasma sample, and Post-DRE urine sample to be collected in advance of the repeat biopsy. Samples can be collected within three months of the scheduled repeat biopsy, up until the day of, but prior to, the procedure.
- Patient who has undergone previously testing by ConfirmMDx from the same biopsy
- Patients with prior diagnosis of prostate cancer in any previous biopsy.
- Patients with a limited life expectancy and generally not considered for a repeat Tissue extracted using transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) procedures
- Patients with a history of cancer (except basal cell carcinoma)
Please contact the trial administrator to learn more about where you can participate in this trial. Please use the contact form on the right side.