A Phase 1b/2 Open Label Umbrella Study of Sasanlimab Combined With Anti-Cancer Therapies Targeting Multiple Molecular Mechanisms in Participants With Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
Brief SummaryPhase 1b/Phase 2 Umbrella Study; open-label, multi-center, parallel group study. Sasanlimab (a PD-1 antagonist monoclonal antibody) will be combined with a different targeted therapy in each sub-study. Phase1b of each sub-study will evaluate the safety of the combination and select the dose for the Phase 2 portion. Phase 2 of each sub-study will evaluate the anti-tumor activity of the combination.
Detailed DescriptionLandscape 1011 is a clinical research study for people with advanced (stage 3b or 4) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The purpose of this study is to learn if the study medicine (sasanlimab, a type of immunotherapy) along with other study medicines is safe and effective in people with non-small cell lung cancer that has spread outside of the lungs. There are currently two sub-studies using different types of medicines. People in the first sub-study will receive sasanlimab as a subcutaneous (under the skin) injection at the study clinic every 4 weeks. Additionally, they will take targeted cancer therapies encorafenib by mouth once a day and binimetinib by mouth twice a day at home. People in the second sub-study will receive the study medicine sasanlimab as a subcutaneous (under the skin) injection at the study clinic every 3 weeks and will also receive SEA-TGT (an immunotherapy) by infusion every three weeks. Additionally, they will take axitinib (a targeted therapy) by mouth twice a day at home. In addition to taking the study drugs, participants in the sub-studies will be asked to visit the clinic for health checks. These include health questions, physical examinations, blood and urine samples, and imaging scans. These assessments help the study doctor and team to monitor the participants' safety and well-being, and to see how their cancer is responding to the treatment. Participants will continue in the study until the cancer is no longer responding to the study medicine.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Inclusion Criteria Umbrella Phase 1b & 2:
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed locally advanced/metastatic (Stage IIIB-IV) NSCLC.
- At least one measurable lesion per RECIST v1.1 at Screening.
- ECOG Performance Status 0 or 1.
- Resolved acute effects of any prior therapy to baseline severity or CTCAE Grade ≤1.
- Adequate hepatic, renal, and bone marrow function. Additional Inclusion Criteria for Sub-Study A Phase 1b &2: -BRAFV600E mutation in tumor tissue or plasma as determined by a local laboratory PCR or NGS assay and documented in a local pathology report. Additional Inclusion Criteria for Sub-Study A Phase 1b only: -Any line of therapy for locally advanced/metastatic NSCLC. Additional Inclusion Criteria for Sub-Study A Phase 2 only: -Previously untreated for locally advanced/metastatic NSCLC Additional Inclusion Criteria for Sub-Study B Phase 1b only:: -Any line of therapy for locally advanced/metastatic NSCLC. Additional Inclusion Criteria for Sub-Study B Phase 2 only:
- Previously untreated for locally advanced/metastatic NSCLC (Arms B1 & B2), or
- One or 2 prior lines of therapy for advanced/metastatic NSCLC (Arm B3), including immune checkpoint inhibitor treatment + chemotherapy, and have progressed during or after that therapy.
- PD-L1 TPS ≥1% Exclusion Criteria Umbrella Phase 1b &2:
- Active or prior autoimmune disease that might deteriorate when receiving an immunostimulatory agent.
- Active non-infectious pneumonitis, pulmonary fibrosis, or known history of immune-mediated pneumonitis.
- Active infection requiring systemic therapy.
- Clinically significant cardiovascular disease.
- Other malignancy within 2 years of first dose, with exceptions.
- Symptomatic brain metastasis, with exceptions. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-Study A Phase 1b&2:
- EGFR mutation, ALK fusion oncogene, or ROS1 rearrangement.
- Prior treatment with any BRAF inhibitor or MEK inhibitor. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-Study A Phase 2 only: -Prior therapy with anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, or anti-PD-L2 agents. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-Study B Phase 1b&2: -Documentation of any tumor-driving molecular alteration (eg, BRAF, EGFR, ALK) Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-Study B Phase 2 only:
- Prior therapy with anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, or anti-PD-L2 agents.(Arms B1 & B2)
- Confirmed progressive disease on 1st or 2nd imaging tumor assessment after initiation of therapy for advanced/metastatic NSCLC.
Please contact the trial administrator to learn more about where you can participate in this trial. Please use the contact form on the right side.